Monday, November 17, 2008

In the Future

In the future I will wake up on time.
In the future I will eat more vegetables.
In the future I will wear nice clothes.
In the future I will do yoga every day.
In the future I will keep the apartment clean.
In the future I will stop smoking.
In the future I will remember to take vitamins.
In the future I will not drink too much.
In the future I will give up caffeine.
In the future I will cut down on salt.
In the future I will be careful on the street.
In the future I will avoid cholesterol.
In the future I will stay in shape.
In the future I will be careful with money.
In the future I will practice safe sex.
In the future I will be on time.
In the future I will stay away from sweets.
In the future I will learn French.
In the future I will keep in touch with friends.
In the future I will obey the signs.
In the future I will not live in the past.
In the future I will be politically aware. For example, who are my revolutionary inspirations -- and why? Well, Che Guevara, obviously, since we're so much alike. The parallels are quite uncanny -- he was a Cuban revolutionary, wore a beret, and disappeared into the jungles of South America in the 1960s to lead Marxist rebellions. And I also enjoy many activities. Plus I think I got shot in Bolivia in 1967. No, wait a minute, that was Chile in 1973, and it was in a dream. But you see what I'm saying about the uncanniness...